Sunday, July 27, 2008

52 Blessings Project: Week # 29

Old Friends

The kids and I went "home" to Michigan last week. It was great to see some old friends. I'm blessed to have friends that even though I haven't seen them for a long time, it doesn't feel like it has been long!

We stopped in to see the Merx's in Detroit on our way to Grand Rapids. Oh, how we wish they were still in Buffalo! It was fun to stop in even if just for a couple of hours. So fun to hang out- so hard to leave them all!Angie had to protect Owen a little from all of the big kids that invaded his house. He wasn't sure how to react to them!Brian thought taking pictures would keep him from being on someone's blog. Wrong! :)Jack Jack loves Owen (as all of the kids do)... even if he kept calling him Baby Hyrum!Torturing Owen by making him sit surrounded by the BIG kids. Cute Owen- wish he was still here so he'd know us better! :)









I wish I'd had my camera at Church on Sunday. So great to see so many familiar faces. I love how my friend Sarah introduced my kids to the Primary. She said, "Some of my favorite people are here today. They probably don't even know they are some of my favorite people, but they are because their mom is one of my favorite people." What a way to make all of us feel super special... so thank you Sarah! {And if you're reading this, don't forget to try to leave a comment:) And that goes for everyone! If you don't have a Google account, just write your comment, sign it and click on Anonymous under "Choose an Identity", then post it.}


***OOPS! UPDATE***

I forgot that I would post a picture of Jillie and her old friend Monica. They were best friends during preschool and kindergarten, before we moved away from Michigan. Whenever we come back the girls always have to get together again for a day. They have a great time together - and have plenty in common still.


By the way, as a side note... I have reached a blogging milestone.

This is my 100th post! WooHoo!!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Yea! I love that Hyrum's cousins still remember him! :) Sorry for Owen that they didn't seem to remember his name though. :( Happy 100th! I have no idea how many I've done.

Shannon said...

I have said it before and I say it again I always want to go to Michigan after you write about it!

Nikki said...

Just wait Shan til I find time to post about my whole trip to MI- Holly & I got some beautiful pictures.
Fly on over and I'll meet you there. :)

Shannon said...

Oh I would love to have a girl's weekend there! To be with you and Holly would be a blast!