Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Word: 2008

re·mem·ber –verb
1. to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again

2. to retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of
3. to have (something) come into the mind again
4. to bear (a person) in mind as deserving a gift, reward, or feel
5. to give a tip, donation, or gift to
6. to mention (a person) to another as sending kindly greetings
7. to possess or exercise the faculty of memory
8. to have recollection


I chose the word remember this year because I tend to forget. I forget to remember the things that I already know. I need to remember to...
* pray often, pray for inspiration, and listen
* count my blessings
* show affection & patience for my children- "you will be a mother to very special persons"
* allow my kids the chance for personal growth
* record family history- old and new
* study the scriptures- "you shall have a recalling of the teachings given to you..."
* have faith in myself- "you should not fear for you shall never fail"
* always work on my testimony
* not forget myself- physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
* not take my marriage and my super husband for granted
* cherish the temple
* strenghten extended family ties
* create life long friendships
* get better sleep!

I'm positive there are other things I need to remember- that I'm forgetting, of course. I will have to update my list as I remember.
:D

1 comment:

Derek said...

I couldn't help but think about Helaman chapter 5 as I read your post. I'm sure you remember it. :-)

In it, Mormon cites the words of Helaman which he taught to his son (verses 6-12). Helaman's paramount message to his sons is to remember certain things such as keeping the commandments (verse 6), doing that which is good (verse 7), the means whereby we can be saved--Jesus Christ (verse 9), etc. Mormon then goes on to recount the blessings and power given unto Lehi and Nephi because they remembered. Certainly something for all of us to think about in our busy lives...the importance of remembering.