Thursday, August 28, 2008

Off to Utah...


Oh boy... Here we go on another fun adventure that we are so excited about and I have a big list of summer adventures I still haven't blogged about. Ridiculous! One day soon I will play major catch up on our relatives visits here, our trip to MI, Girls Camp, Jackson's first trip to the dentist, and our review of our local beach. All posts that are stewing in my brain, but I haven't had the energy or time to get them done. I do need to post about these so that I have a record for our family history... to help me to remember.
{By the way quick side note... my baby shower ideas post is on Tip Junkie! I love that blog & Laurie Turk! How fun is that?!}

So we are off to Provo for BYU's home opener (GO COUGS!!), campus touring, spend time with Sunny, Derek & Hyrum, Temple Square touring and of course lots of yummy nostalgic eating! (Weight Watchers- I'll get back to you on Monday!! I'll be eating like a college student until then!) We will arrive home, have a meet the teacher day, and 2 days later we're back in the hustle bustle of school days.

On a sad note we will be taking a trip back to Michigan somewhere around all of this for a funeral because my Grandpa Streeter is wrapping up his mission here on earth. It makes my heart so sad even though I know it's his time. He deserves a rest and a reward. I'm sad for my mom and her siblings, for our whole family- especially my grandma. I've been thinking a lot about him and my memories of him...yet another blog I want to write soon. But I miss him already...


(Thanks for sending the pics from your wedding Sun-

they are such cute pictures of them!)

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Woot! You now have the coveted, "I was featured" button! It was a good post and perfect to share with Tip Junkie.

Sounds like the Garrick's have been having a really fun jam packed summer.

Sorry you might end the summer on a sad note. Your Grandpa is a great man and so very sweet. I always remember him being so quiet. I loved the relationship that Tami has with him. It is a special bond. He will be missed.

Shannon said...

Have a fantastic time in Utah! I wish I was there with you all.
So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I love the picture you posted- what a sweet looking couple :)

Carolyn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's good that you will be able to fly straight there when you head back. On another note....you guys are so busted for not letting us know you are here so that we could come meet you at Temple Square or something!

Caity said...

What a fun summer! I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa though. What an amazing guy to have grandchildren AND great-grandchildren who love him and will miss him so much.

Holly said...

CONGRATS on the TIP JUNKIE nom. WOW!! Why did it take her so long?!? :) I am glad you decided to go to Utah. What a fun way to end a great summer!