Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Field Day Fun!

{Jackson cheering}
More catching up... Reagan and Kobe had their field days a while ago. Always fun to be there to sit back and observe how they interact with their friends and teachers.
I arrived at Kobe's just as one of his races finished and heard the 1st place winner announced... "Kobe Garrick!"

His relay team took 1st place too. Kobe is Mr Confident, but not in an obnoxious way and everybody's friend here at school.


{So glad he didn't mind taking a picture with his ol' mom... yet.}

Reagan's field day fell on her 10th birthday. She is Miss Social, but sticks mostly with her tight group of best friends. She enjoyed being outside I think because she loves a chance to scream as loud as she can and be silly. :)

This time her silliness caused her a problem though...


While I will post about Reagan's birthday party soon... I'll just add that since it was Field Day on her birthday, her teacher postponed her classroom celebration until after the field trip they had the next day (to the Erie Canal & Locks). Did she want me to make a special dinner for her on her birthday? No, she wanted to order pizza. Did she want me to make a special treat for school? No, she wanted me to buy donuts. Hmmm... does she not like my cooking or is she just giving me a break? :)
{Birthday celebration in class w/ her donut.}

4 comments:

Dave said...

What can I say; these are my grandkids. They're just great!
I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with me on this one.

Greg Garrick said...

Way to go Kobe and Rea!

Shannon said...

I love doughnuts too Reagan! Good choice :)

Holly said...

I love that Reagan wants to give you a break! And did you take the extra time you had to sleep? I didn't think so!!

My kids loved watching Kobe & Reagan in their races. They are such fun kids. Wish my kids went to school with them!

The kids at Saroya's field day weren't allowed to talk about who got 1st, 2nd or 3rd place or they had to go for a time out. Yikes!!