Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wicked!



Oh my goodness! Wicked is amazing!

Greg and his mom saw this show when they took a little trip to Toronto once. He said he thought we'd like it, so when someone in the ward offered to go get tickets for everyone who wanted to buy some (so we could get presale tickets and at at group rate) I jumped on it. As it turned out, Greg was out of town so... Reagan and I went to see it on Wednesday night. (Jillie got to go to it earlier this month with her school choir.) We all loved, loved it. The cast was terrific. It's hard to believe that the original Broadway cast could've done better than this one. I loved seeing how the Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow came to be. I love all the behind the scenes and hints at the Wizard of Oz- which I will never look at the same. I laughed and laughed during "Popular". I was in awe as Elphaba sang, "No Good Deed". I was in tears as the 2 "witches" sang the "For Good". I loved it so much I went out and bought the book today! Somehow, I will find time to read it because it is so intriguing to me.

Go see it if you get the chance!

(Reagan and her church friend Hannah at Wicked.
They have little chipmunk cheeks since they were munching a little candy before the show started.)
(Jillie and Reagan in their overpriced, but fun souvenir Wicked shirts.)

7 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

"Wicked" is playing in Lansing soon...is it worth the 2 hour drive to see it? I've heard soooo many good things about this.

Looks like you had so much fun!

Nikki said...

It is SO worth the trip... and take Holly with you! Make it one of your GNO's- everyone will love it.

Sunny said...

So jealous! I've heard "Popular" it's cute! I have a friend who's reading it. I think I will too. So jealous! Some day maybe! How fun that you were able to do that with Reagan!

Leanne said...

Yes! I saw the full page ad for the, Wicked show in Lansing too. I would looove to go. Not sure if I ever could, but your post sure inspired me!

Holly said...

LETS DON IT!!! GNO, GNO, GNO!! I want to see it really bad! I need a good show every once in a while. I am so glad you got to see it. Nik- you, me & Sunny NYC sometime and we will see 3 broadway shows together!! :)

Holly said...

OOps!! "Let's DO it!!"

Angie said...

Everybody needs an overpriced but fun souvenir t-shirt from such fabulous events!!! Did you get one for youself too! I have wanted to see this play. Perhaps it will come to Detroit!