Sunday, September 14, 2008

52 Blessings Project: Week #33, #34, #35, #36

Family Pictures
Scanner

iPhoto & iDVD on my Macbook
Recordable DVDs

All this together made it possible for me to compile a DVD of my Grandpa's life in pictures & video to share at the funeral... and make copies of it for any family member who wants one. It was a blessing to be able to do this as it taught me new things about him and helped us to remember all of the good times. And bonus: I feel like I did a little family history work!

5 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

That ABSOLUTELY counts as family history work! No microfiche required!

Thank goodness for modern technology.

Congratulations on your WDW trip! Hey - can I help you plan it? I'm trying to decide what my passion is, and I think it's spreading the Disney Joy. :)

There's lame...and then there's me.

Sunny said...

You did! You DID do family history work! Isn't it great?!?! Keep it up. This is the part I love about family history making these people REAL for future generations! :) YEA Nikki!!

Caity said...

I'm pretty much convinced that you are the super mom of all moms! That is so awesome! I would LOVE that of my grandparents. I'm sure your family will be so thrilled.

Caity said...

Oh my goodness, I just realized I made into the top commenters! Wahoo!

Leanne said...

Having seen the video first hand, I can say that Nikki needs to start a business!! It was totally fabulous. I could only dream to be able to do something like that as well as you.

I know your family appreciated it and it will be passed down from generation to generation. Of course it will have to be reformatted into the microchips in their brains by then. haha. Who knows what new technology they will have then. I'm sure the dvd will still be watchable tho.

Good work!